Links for Remote Learning!
*cannot access with student google accounts
A Word from the Director
Music is a science
- It is exact, specific; and it demands exact acoustics. A conductor’s full score is a chart, a graph which indicates frequencies, intensities, volume changes, melody and harmony all at once and with the most exact control of time.
Music is mathematical
- It is rhythmically based on the subdivisions of time into fractions which must be done instantaneously, not worked out on paper.
Music is a foreign language
- Most of the terms are in Italian, German, or French; and the notation is certainly not English–but a highly developed kind of shorthand that uses symbols to represent ideas. The semantics of music is the most complete and universal language.
Music is history
- Music usually reflects the environments and times of its creation, often even the country甘肃快3走势图 and.or racial feeling.
Music is a physical education
- It requires fantastic coordination of fingers, hands, arms, lips, cheek, and facial muscles, in addition to extraordinary control of the diaphragmatic, back, stomach and chest muscles, which respond instantly to the sound the ear hears and the mind interprets.
Music is all these things, but most of all music is art
- It allows a human being to take all these dry technically boring (but difficult) techniques and use them to create emotion. That is one thing that science cannot duplicate: humanism, feeling, emotion, call it what you will.
That is Why We Teach Music!
- Not because we expect you to major in music
- Not because we expect you to play or sing all your life
- Not so you can relax
- Not so you can have fun
- BUT–so you will be human
- So you will recognize the beauty
- So you will be sensitive
- So you will be closer to an infinite beyond this world
- So you will have something to cling to
- So you will have more love, more compassion, more gentleness, more good–in short, more life.
Mr. Connors is originally from Davenport, Iowa. He attended St. Paul’s the Apostle School Pre K-8th grade, Assumption High School, and graduated from Wartburg College甘肃快3走势图 with a Bachelor of Music Education degree in 2013. In 2017 Mr. Connors graduated from St. Ambrose University with his masters in “Educational Administration”. Mr. Connors directs four different groups at JFK, as well as teaching individual and group lessons. He also plays guitar for all 甘肃快3走势图 masses on Wednesdays. Mr. Connors and his wife live in Bettendorf, Iowa and he spends most of his time working on his house, cooking, and playing with his two dogs, Winston and Bailey.