K-2 – Wednesday, April 15 at 9am
3-5th – Thursday, April 16 at 9am
*New* – 4th Grade Recorder Zoom – Friday, April 17 – drop in with questions and to play for me from 10 -11am
6-8th – Tuesday, April 14 at 3pm
You can access remote learning activities here:
4th grade Recorders:
For audio and fingering help (password and user name is in an email)
Video one: Recorder Basics
Video two: Hot Cross Buns (white belt )
I hope to see you on our Zoom meet-ups but if not, I’ll miss you and can’t wait to make music with you again.
Love, Mrs. V
Great Music Websites:
Chrome Music lab – fun music things to make and play online –
YouTube – millions of songs, videos, and more –
Go Noodle – tons of songs and workouts –
Great video of body percussion: He’s supposed to be posting a new one every day
These are the important music dates for the 2019-甘肃快3走势图 School Year!
- Sunday, Nov. 17th – Crusader Choir Performance (at 9am Mass)
- Thursday, Dec. 12th – 3rd and 4th Grade Christmas Show
- Thursday, Dec. 19th – K, 1st and 2nd Grade Christmas Show (in the church)
- Feb. TBA – Catholic School Choir Concert (Crusader Choir Only)
- (postponed!) Thursday, April 2 – 5th and 6th Spring Show
- (postponed!) Thursday, April 30 – 7th and 8th Grade Spring Showcase (General Music and Crusader Choir)
Please see the 甘肃快3走势图 calendar for the most up to date times/changes.
Mrs. Van Speybroeck
Each child will be prepared in three ways:
- To be TUNEFUL – to have tunes in their heads and learn to coordinate their voices to sing those tunes
- To be BEATFUL – to feel the pulse of music and how that pulse is grouped in either twos or threes
- To be ARTFUL – to be moved by music in the many ways music can elicit an emotional response
(taken from John M. Feierabend’s “First Steps in Music”)
It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge. – Albert Einstein
Mrs. Jennifer Van Speybroeck graduated from St. Ambrose University with a Bachelor of Music Education. She has taught many musical genres over the years including band, choir, piano, voice, and French horn. Mrs. Van Speybroeck is enthusiastic about teaching music and loves to bring the gift of music to others.
She is member of Our Lady of Victory Parish and may occasionally be seen cantoring at Mass. Mrs. Van Speybroeck is married to Mike and they are the proud parents of three beautiful, talented (and very busy!) daughters.