The role of the Student Support Service office is to serve students, parents, and staff for students to be successful. 甘肃快3走势图 may include:
- Classroom Social Emotional Lessons
- Parent University Night
- Support for Gospel Values
- 504 Planning and maintenance
- IEP team member
- Identify at risk students and determine level of support services needed
- Small groups
- Crisis intervention
- Conflict resolution
Caring Connections: Strengthening relationships by practicing kindness, being grateful, and spending quality time with those we love.
Mrs. Wolf will post daily challenges for Caring Connections. Please share with her what you did at emma.wolf@甘肃快3走势图olvjfkmail.com
Create and then share a card or piece of art with someone you love OR Choose a favorite song(s) and enjoy a spontaneous dance party. Mrs. Wolf and her baby Howie had a dance party with Blinding Lights, Footloose, Sk8er Boi, and Am I Wrong.
4/2 Go outside and find one thing that reminds you of someone. Share what you find and your why.
4/3 While washing your hands look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself one thing you like about YOU!
4/4 Find a deck of cards and play a game like Spoons, Go Fish, Phase 10, or Skipbo.
4/5 Do something helpful for a family member.
4/6 Send a letter to someone you cannot be with today.
4/7 Count your blessings: List the kind things others have done for you.
4/8 Name 3 things you are grateful for. Draw a picture or write out a list of these things and then post in a prominent place.
4/9 Notice 5 things that are beautiful within your world. Share your ideas with someone.
4/10 Create a cell phone/electronic device parking lot so you can enjoy a device free moment together each day. Mrs. Wolf’s family does this for meal time! 甘肃快3走势图Phones go in a basket on the counter.
Monday and Tuesday by email from 9-4
Any emails received outside of those times I will still respond, it may just not be right away.
Live Zoom meeting by appointment, please send an email to request a meeting.
Remote Learning & Activities
I hope that you were able to enjoy your spring break. I know that at this point in time things are crazy and may be stressful. To help with that this weeks remote activities are centered around conflict resolution and coping skills . Please do not feel like you have to complete every activity. There are multiple activities to accommodate the level of access that families might have to the internet. Please feel free to send me an email with any questions you might have! I hope that you are doing well and are healthy, I look forward to hearing about your activities!
Remote Learning & Activities
You survived the first week! Welcome甘肃快3走势图 to Week 2 of Remote Learning & Activities. This weeks activities are focused on communication skills, check it out at Remote Learning & Activities Week 2
Remote Learning & Activities
We are onto Week 3 of remote learning. I have received some feedback from students and I will be putting together throughout this week and next packets for stress, anxiety, getting along with siblings and what you can do when bored. As I complete these I will send them out through email and post them to the web page. I will be trying something new by recording some instructional videos and posting them to Youtube. I will send those links when I have them uploaded. This is an adventure for all of us!
Here are this week’s activities for SEL.
Food security means that individuals at all times have physical, social, and economic access to sufficient, safe, and nutritious food that meets their dietary needs. If you or your family are struggling with food availability, access to food, utilization, and stability here are resources to help:
- The Salvation Army Food Pantry is open every Wednesday from 9am-4pm, 100 Kirkwood Boulevard, Davenport
- Davenport School District will distribute meals Monday through Friday, from 11am-1pm at: DLC-Keystone Center, Buffalo Elementary, Sudlow, Williams, Smart, and Wood 甘肃快3走势图s. Children do not need to be present to receive the free meal – a sack lunch and breakfast for the following morning.
- River Bend Food Bank has a list of they provide for
Stress and Anxiety
Here is a list of providers from the surrounding area who may be able to help you deal with the stress and anxiety you might be experiencing in the face of this pandemic. If possible, first call your primary care physician or health care provider for a referral.
- Robert Young Center, 4600 3rd St, Moline, 309-779-2031
- Transitions, 2326 16th St, Moline, 309-793-4993
- Center for Youth and Family Solutions, 4703 44th st, Rock Island, 309-788-9581
- Vera French Community Mental Center, 1141 W. Central Park Ave, Davenport, 563-383-1900
- Genesis Psychology Associates, 4455 E. 56th St, Davenport, 563-355-2577
- Compassion Therapy 甘肃快3走势图, Jennifer Duncan, 3475 Jersey Ridge Rd, Davenport, 563-349-5235
Something else to check out during this stressful time is There are 6 different topic choices including mental health. There is a live chat via phone or text and anyone can request resources, more information or immediate help. While majority of this information doesn’t pertain to children, there is a section under mental health that has specific information pertaining to children. This resource could be helpful during any time, not just during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please feel free to save it for future use in case you ever find yourself or someone you know to be in need of some additional support.
- – Quad Cities COVID-19 Coalition Response
Remember the 4 C’s!
- Cover your cough and sneeze. Use a tissue or your elbow.
- Clean your hands. Use soap & water or hand sanitizer.
- Contain germs. Stay 甘肃快3走势图 when sick.
- Call your healthcare provider.
Explaining Corona Virus to your child
Tips on how to talk to your child:
- Find out what your child already knows
- Offer comfort and honesty
- Help kids feel in control
- Keep the conversation going
More in depth on these tips visit:
Check out this kid friendly explanation of COVID-19 on !
has a list of videos, games, and activities about hand washing and staying healthy.
One of our favorite authors to use for educational stories, Julia Cook, has a new book called The Yucky Bug which your child can listen to
What you can do when you’re bored
What to do what to do? So you’re bored? Check out these various activities you try! Feel free to send Mrs. Wolf an email about what you tried from the list of activities! Have fun!
In The Classroom
“Finding your passion isn’t just about careers and money. It’s about finding your authentic self.” Students learned about various careers through BINGO, GoFish, stories, and other interactive activities. The upper grade students completed the to find out what careers matched with their interests. From there they were to pick three careers and look at the education level required, helpful personality traits to have, knowledge or area of study needed, and the average salary. Check it out to see if the job you have is one of the careers you got matched with!
One of the advantages of the internet is the ability to connect computers and other devices like smart phones or a tablet together creating a convenient way to share information between other people; to create a way to connect with others. This can be good, but it can also be dangerous. When we ride a bike or are in the car to say to go visit a friend there are things we do to keep safe. Just like wearing a helmet or a seatbelt there are tools to keep us safe on the internet. Here are three safety tips: 1) Don’t share private information such as your full name, your address, your birthday etc. 2) Tell someone if something on the internet makes you uncomfortable 3) Don’t download anything without permission.
Just like how we have rules at 甘肃快3走势图 and 甘肃快3走势图 on what behaviors are acceptable, we must learn correct behavior for the internet by practicing netiquette. This means the etiquette of the net. One way to help students learn about netiquette is through the “10” Commandments of Computer Usage which was found on Teachers Pay Teachers.
Self-esteem is our evaluation in confidence in our self, our self-worth, and self-respect. This can encompass our emotional states too such as pride, shame, and triumph. Self-esteem influences our choices and interactions with other people. When we have low self-esteem it can negatively impact our relationships and 甘肃快3走势图 work. One way to help our self-esteem is through positive self talk or treasure talk. In one lesson students had to identify ANTs (Automatic Negative Thoughts) that they might have about themselves, with the younger students we call this trash talk, then turn it into a positive or treasure talk. For example, I’m so stupid -> I am trying my best, everyone learns at different speeds or I’m ugly -> I am special. In one of the classrooms I had students practice positive self talk by identifying 甘肃快3走势图 appropriate things they are good at, enjoy, or like about themselves and doodle or write those inside the shape of a head. Afterwards their classmates wrote 甘肃快3走势图 appropriate things they liked about their peer surrounding the head. It was heartwarming to see how excited they were to read what their classmates wrote. There was one student who broke down in tears because of how overwhelming their feelings of awe and gratitude where; they did not think that anyone in the class really paid attention or noticed them and it lifted their spirit.
- Promote positive attitudes among students toward self, family, peers and community.
- Assist students in learning how 甘肃快3走势图 performance relates to future opportunities.
- Develop and deliver classroom guidance lessons that teach skills such as healthy decision making, resolving conflicts and respecting others.
- Work collaboratively with students, parents and teachers to identify and remove barriers to learning.
- Support students by teaching skills for achieving success.
- Help students to recognize and make the best of their abilities.
- Counsel students individually and in groups.
- Providing support during personal crises.
- Orientate new students
Learn more about 甘肃快3走势图 counseling through the .
Learn more about the JFK counseling program.
We have all said it…Parenting is the hardest job you will ever love. It seems that just as soon as you think you have your child figured out, they are on to something new and their needs have changed. The world is changing as fast as our kids. For many of us, much of our professional life is spent trying to keep up with the changes. The Scott County Counselor’s sponsored Parent University nights are a forum for parents to come together to learn and discuss strategies while sharing resources on a variety of topics relevant to parenting.
Our Parent University Night this past Thursday, October 17th, Officer Hank Jacobsen from the Davenport Police Department came to Assumption to speak to parents of the Scott County Catholic Schools on internet safety. Here are a few of the biggest takeaways:
- Consistently remind your student that anything they put online is PUBLIC and PERMANENT. Even when they erase content, many times a ghost image is saved. Once words or an image is put online, they have no control over who sees it or how far it goes.
- Don’t block all access to technology. Help your child learn to use technology safely and positively.
- Be the parent. Set boundaries for technology and use monitoring/filtering software on all devices.
- Know that a very high percentage of students have at least two accounts for many social media sites – one parents see when they ask to check devices, and one students keep in secret.
- Keep lines of communication open and encourage your child to come to you when they see inappropriate material. Respond positively when they do come to you.
- Remember the acronym YAPPY to teach your children what information they should and should not reveal online.
For more information on internet safety, visit
Our next Parent University is postponed.
Kim Mills from the Health Department will be giving a presentation on vaping.
Select the picture of the internet guide you would like to view.
For Career Exploration
I have a plan Iowa is a fantastic future planning tool available to all students in Iowa. All 8th grade student in the state are required to complete the 8th grade guideway. Our JFK 8th grade students have all created accounts and are busy exploring the site. Ask your student about it!
– a useful resource for understanding how you learn. For students and parents.
For A Healthy Lifestyle
For General Parenting
Useful information for both parents and teens from a Catholic perspective. The site offers helpful information and resources.
Kidshealth.org is a comprehensive website sponsored by Nemours Children’s Hospital. There are three sections to this site: for parents, for kids, and for teens.
Sponsored by BoysTown, parenting.org is a place that acknowledges that parenting is a difficult job. When parents are not sure what to do to help a struggling child the parenting.org site is a wonderful resource.